Monday, September 19, 2011

Fin


The Univest Grand Prix was nothing more than a final curtain call for what has been a long memorable season.  The broom wagon pulled up to me halfway through the race with the driver asking me if I was done.  I mustered an "I think so".  I had made a move earlier in the race knowing that I lacked the fitness to contest any finish, almost made it look good, and quickly faded.  The driver of the broom wagon rolled up the window and accelerated past me with a sign behind the vehicle stating END OF RACE.  I smiled and knew I was done.  End of season. 

I've received much more support than I could have ever asked for from my team, friends, and family this year.  And to top that off with encouragement and enthusiasm from awesome people I've met along the way has left me with a season I won't soon forget.  Thank you! 

2011 Season Achievements

FIRST RACE OF THE SEASON
1st Place - Morgantown RR


BEST RIDE OF THE SEASON
3rd Place - Elite National Championship Road Race


THE ONE I WILL REGRET
6th Place - Sat up early in Tour De Toona TT


FAVORITE RACE / BEST EXPERIENCE 
Most Aggressive Rider - Nature Valley Grand Prix



3 comments:

  1. my hat is off mr. rugg, great racing this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You da man Rugg. Can't wait to see what you put together for next year. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice season this year...many more to come, I hope.

    ReplyDelete